Saturday, September 17, 2011

249/365

So, the other day I was walking Jennie's dog Charlotte over to Paula's for Pizza Night.  We decided to walk up towards Summer Street instead of Elm Street because it is prettier.  As soon as we got off our porch onto the street we saw a neighbor of ours (who is normally a sweet old man who hangs out with his grandkids on the front stoop).. in his UNDERWEAR, yelling at a little Chihuahua.  I averted my eyes, because old man tighty whities are not my thing.  

We soon passed him, and were greeted by a woman apparently walking her little miniature Pincher off leash.  Now I walk Charlotte a lot, but I never know what other dogs who greet her will act like so I was a little hesitant.  The Pincher greeted her, both tails were wagging, and then he growled at her, and made to bite her (which he didn't)... I looked up and the woman had crossed the street.  Apparently not her dog.  So I started yelling NO, BAD DOG, GO HOME to the Pincher.  I almost had  to pick Charlotte up, but gladly he stayed about 10 feet away as soon as we started moving.

So I rounded the corner, turning around every 20 seconds or so to yell at the dumb dog following us.  Then Charlotte decided it was time to poo.  Of course... put yourself in a vulnerable situation ready for an attack Char!

So keeping my eye on the dog, I bent down to take care of her business, and all of a sudden a horrible screeching noise came down the road.  A little old lady was driving her car with one wheel locked.  It screeched slowly down the street and left a burnt rubber smell and a mark on the road.  I saw another person walking and we were both dumbfounded.

With this new noisy distraction, it was time to cross the street and escape the nasty little dog who was following us.  I was thinking what a weird walk this was.  Then about half way down the hill to Paula's, I stopped suddenly because there was a TURKEY walking down the road!

Below is the video of my friend the turkey:

I'd say that was the weirdest 15 minute walk I've ever had.  Life never gets dull in Somerville!

No comments:

Post a Comment