Friday, February 25, 2011

54/365 Wednesday, February 23, 2011


The other day I wrote about my love of light.  One of the most unique gifts Andy and I received for our wedding is the glass sun catcher piece above.  The entire Schrumm family gave it to us.  Rebecca saw it in a local Somerville Artist's shop and thought of us.  It is perfect.  It fits Andy's decorative style, and catches light that I find so necessary to life.  

It hangs in our kitchen window right above the sink.  Many a morning Andy and I sip our coffee to the lovely reflective glow of the light.  It feels great especially on cold winter mornings... giving us a hint of spring.  

And perhaps a reminder of the several rainbows we've seen in the last few years.  

I have this theory that the rainbows we have seen over the past few years are messages that Jan is sending us.  There was one the afternoon that she died.  I believe it was her telling us that everything is okay.  There were three on our trip to Ireland... and I think that even though she was in the hospital, it was her being on that great trip with us in spirit.  And again in Hawaii on our honeymoon, the day that we saw lava pouring into the ocean, we also witnessed a beautiful rainbow while we were surrounded by a pod of Dolphins.  Oh yes, Jan has something to do with this.  


So thank you to the science of prisms, 
and to the Schrumms for such a lovely gift, 
and to Jan, 
for the quiet reminders that life is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment