Friday, January 21, 2011

21/365

Taking down the Christmas tree is always a sad day for me.  Andy and I managed to take our tree down last weekend.  Yet it still hasn't been picked up for disposal.  I hate that... disposal.  It seems that this time of year the streets of Somerville are a graveyard of Christmas trees.  It is a sad reminder to me that the Christmas season (my favorite!) is over.  And we have the new year ahead.  11 months til we get a new tree.

There are a few trees stuck into snowbanks on our street right now.  We've had so much snow lately that I'm pretty sure the priority is plowed streets, not Christmas Tree pickup.  

Anyway, after this last storm from last night our tree, and the couple other trees on our street are covered delightfully in snow.  It is like a third little life for our tree.  Growing up on the farm, coming to our house, and now finding a little home in a snowbank of our street.  

I've only left the house once today... it was a snowday.  I went down to our local gym The Training Room for a specially scheduled snow day spin class.  It is a very short little walk, maybe a block.  Along my little snowy walk I noticed the snow falling on our trees.  And it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment