Friday, January 7, 2011

5th grade archaeology! 7/365

Today my students did an incredible project!  And thanks is not to me... it is to two parent volunteers in my classroom.  One is studying anthropology and the other should just be a teacher.  Today they came in and set up a grid for an archaeological dig in my classroom.  The kids "dug" up parts of these boats.

The ancient Egyptians actually did bury boats of Pharaohs.  (So did the Vikings.. Andy and I went to the Viking Ship Museum in Oslo!)  Anyway, they believed that the ships would take them to the afterlife.  And the book in the background shows the story of this true story of the dig!

The kids were amazed, and created such a wonderful product.  We are hoping to display them in the showcases in the front of our school!

I wish I could say that I was this creative... but I owe it all to parents of two of my students!

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment