Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Dreaded Spin 13/365

It is the new year.  I am on Weight Watchers.  I am trying to work out a lot.


So the spin bike is my best friend and worst enemy.  I actually think it is closer to a friend who is a pain in the ass.  (Literally my gluts are killing me!)  I'm not so much a fan of the burning legs, the pouring sweat, or the damn seat.  And I really don't like the sprints.

But what I do love is when it's over!  I like the quiet music when we are stretching my sore muscles.  I like the walk down the stairs back to the locker room where my legs feel like jello.  (but they don't quite give out on me).  But most of all I like the feeling of accomplishment.

In my job (like many other people I'm sure) there is a constant list of things to do.  Always another paper to correct, always another lesson to plan, a parent to call.  When I spin... it is just me challenging myself to get through it.  And then I finish it.  And I'm done.  Accomplished.  Check it off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment