Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year 1/365

This new year I am going to try to blog a about photographs.  I am inspired by a colleague who did the 365 project.  That is a picture a day.  I am going to attempt this. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up.  But I will try.

The point of this is to reflect on some of the great things that life has to offer.  Some might be simple, hopefully there will be some funny ones too.  I'm excited to see what I'll be able to catch on "film" this year.

Today's picture is of my plant Jesus.  He is my Christmas cactus.  I have had this plant for about 10 years now, and it was a part of a family plant.  It is either from Uncle Wally (who I don't think was actually an uncle... but one of those close family friends of my mom's family) or my great grandmother (I think Helen Doolittle?).  In the 10 years I've had Jesus (pronounced like you would in Spanish), he has NEVER bloomed.  I have been patiently waiting for him to bloom.  And a few weeks ago, he finally got some buds.

Today one of the buds finally blossomed.  It is like a New Year's gift!

I hope that 2011 is a wonderful year for all.

1 comment:

  1. Molly, Thank you so much for sharing this with me! i am honored to read your musings. The one about "wife" left me teary! I love you! Becky

    ReplyDelete