Thursday, January 27, 2011

27/365 Sunlight

I am a person who loves light.  I am happiest in a room that is drenched with sunlight.  I was reminded this morning of my love of light when I woke up and walked into our dining room.  Warm rays of light were streaming into the room.  My plants were practically smiling.  I was smiling.


The light illuminated so many  things that I love and am thankful for.  One of which is my plants.  I love how they make it feel like home.



The light shone onto our book case that has only a few simple items on it.  This was not always the case.  One day this fall Jennie was over and helped us reorganize a bit.  Our book case was full of stuff.  And despite how I like to have stuff it was great to purge a little.

Now it has some candles (another source of light that I just love), Gramma's bowl  (a little piece of history), our cool new decanter, and our time capsules from our wedding. (History we look forward to!)


So these little bits of sunshine made me smile today.  And in a way are making me enjoy this snow day even more.  There is so much snow, we don't even know what to do with it.  Our neighbors have filled their front yard already.  It will be overflowing if we get another storm before it melts!  I think we have at least 2 feet of snow on the table in our back yard.  We've survived our 5th storm since the day after Christmas... and January isn't even over yet!


   

And as much as I love snow, I love the sunshine just as well.  A sunny day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment